Christmas may be over, but I'm hanging on to it with some festive baking! These cookies are absolutely delicious and have no nasties in them which means they can be enjoyed guilt-free. Go on and give them a go and see how long they last ;)
* 1 ¾ cup almond flour
* ¾ cup coconut sugar
* 1 tablespoon chia seeds
* 2 tablespoons water
* 2 tablespoons cinnamon
* 1 tablespoon ginger
* A pinch of vanilla
* A pinch of salt
* 2 tablespoons maple syrup
* A small bar of raw chocolate
* Pre-heat the oven to 160C
* Place the chia seeds and water in a bowl, allow the chia seeds to thicken and soak up all the water for about 5-10 minutes.
* Add the almond flour, coconut sugar and spices into a blender and mix through. Next add the chia seed mixture and maple syrup. Blend for a further few minutes until the mixture forms a sticky dough. Add some extra water to the mixture if the dough is too crumbly.
* Roll the dough out between two pieces of baking paper about 5mm thick. Using star shaped cutters, cut out about 20-30 stars.
* Place the cinnamon stars on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Let the cookies cool for a few minutes until transferring them to a cooling rack.
* Melt some chocolate and decorate the stars as you wish.
* Leave to cool & enjoy!